tv keeps turning over to cable channel....why

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by clonebuster, Feb 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. clonebuster

clonebuster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its not a tv fault as i have had the exact same problem with my previous samsung tv.

basically i now own a sony lcd and its not all the time or even at a regular interval but at times when playing the x-box or watching a movie the t.v will just change itself over to the sat/cable channel ext 2.

this can be annoying while on x-box live and halfway through a game.

i thought it was a fault on my prvious samsung and did not expect to find the same thing happening on my sony so now i am asking if anyone has experianced the same problem.

i am begging to think its a problem with the cable box (virgin media samsung box) or even with the scart lead that connects it to the t.v.
    as i said its not something that happens all the time but when it does its very annoying, i will try to change the scart sometime this week when i can get my hands on one other than that i think it may be the actuall cable box....

so any ideas or experiance of this problem....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. Zappes

Zappes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The TV will automatically switch to the SCART input as soon as a signal from the cable box is coming in - this is a feature of the SCART connection type. Your problem sounds as if your cable box sends the switching signal without a good reason, that will not change when using a different SCART cable.

Is the cable box turned on or off when this happens?

I think the Sony has an option to turn off SCART control, at least I can vaguely remember seeing something like this on my X3500. Not entirely sure, though, as I don't have any SCART connections anymore. I am also quite sure that my cable receiver (Humax FOX II) has an option to disable that SCART sensing stuff, you might want to look for someting like "SCART control on/off" in the options of your cable box.

3. clonebuster

clonebuster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks i never thought of trying the v-box.

i have tried the tv but could not find anything but after reading your reply i have just seen something on the v-box menu that says that the tv automaticaly recognises the v-box.

i have now turned this to off and will know in a few days if it has worked (normally by then it has done the switch)

so thanks in advance :thumbsup:

4. Zappes

Zappes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You're welcome. :) Just let us know if it helped!