• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV keeps turning itself off

Swervz

Novice Member
My Samsung Plasma Tv (PS42C450B1WXXU) Version: NY02 keeps switching its self off after I turn it on. It comes on and is unresponsive - Can't open the menu or EPG but the led flashes when I press the remote then turns off after about 10 seconds. This started last night after I was playing on the xbox360, I switched the source to TV, Then to PC for a few seconds and then Back to TV. I thought it was over heating that caused the issue but I'm still getting the problem this morning after its been off at the mains all night.

If anyone knows how to fix it please help.

Thanks.

noidea

I think the problem is with the PSU (power unit) in your TV. I don't know that model but in the past I remember it being a relatively uncomplicated repair providing you could get the right part. I had the same issue with a Hitachi plasma many years ago.

see this listing BN44-00329A BN4400329A PSPF301501A SAMSUNG PS42C450B1WXXU POWER SUPPLY | eBay

you may want to give the seller a call and describe what's happening to see if he thinks it will cure it

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom