Question TV just died, need a replacement.

Scotiax

Standard Member
Reaction score
Evening,

Looking for some advice / recommendations for a new TV.

My Sony W4500 just died after 10 years of service and I need something to replace it asap.

We recently moved into a new house and my original plans were to buy a 65" oled for the "cinema room" in mid - late 2019 when we finally get round to turning the room into the cinema room and I was going to leave the Sony in the living room. However now I need to replace the Sony as we have no other TVs.

How do we use the TV?

- lots of streaming (Netflix, nowtv, Amazon, YouTube etc.)
- Xbox one s for gaming
- blu rays
- live TV via freesat

This TV will be used regularly for the above even when the cinema room is completed.

Maximum screen size is 55"
Maximum stand size 87cm (TV unit)
Budget £0-1200 (could stretch higher)

Any suggestions?

Cheers

I suggest you, considering the maximum stand size too, the new Hisense 55U7A.

Hisense H55U7AUK 4K TV Review

It's ok for your purpose, I.M.H.O.. :)

£629 from richer sounds, is this model currently the best for the price? Never heard of Hisense before, reviews look promising but some of the posts on the forums aren't as flattering (should I take these with a pinch of salt?)

Edit: just noticed that's in store only and i don't live near an rs so Curry's at £599 ( 2 year warranty) =\

£629 from richer sounds, is this model currently the best for the price? Never heard of Hisense before, reviews look promising but some of the posts on the forums aren't as flattering (should I take these with a pinch of salt?)

Edit: just noticed that's in store only and i don't live near an rs so Curry's at £599 ( 2 year warranty) =\

RS have it via telesales.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom