1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV interference help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by J Stevens, Jul 6, 2002.

1. J Stevens

J Stevens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having problems with interference on my TV, seem to have it located the problem but don't know how to solve it.

I think it is coming from the kitchen, everytime the fridge switches itself on/off white flashes appear on the set, not only that but the microwave is doing it as well, the three bleeps at the end of cooking is worse.

Have purchased an adapter to plug the equipment in but it is still doing it, have also ran a 30m extension from next doors house to mine, still can't get rid of it, unless it was his fridge causing the interference that day. Did notice the other day that he was using an electric shaver and I noticed faint lines on the set then.

Is there anything I can connect to the TV, like a suppressor that is fitted to cars.

TIA

2. J Stevens

J Stevens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to add, we both have the same TV, next door like mine so much he went and bought one himself, now he has no problem at all with interference, one problem we do have is the TV's are only divided by the seperating wall and it has been known for him to change my channels and vice versa. I don't want to move my TV from where it is, is there anything I can put up at the wall to stop the signals getting through.

TIA

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try maplins, they seem to do a fair bit, they may have something there that will help you with the interference.

As for next door changing your channels i can well believe it, we use to have two Phillips sets in the house, one in the kitchen and one in the front room, even with a solid door in the way the signals got through sometimes, don't know what to suggest there, when we changed the TV in the front room to a Sony so the problem went.

Bob

4. J Stevens

J Stevens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Bob, will have a look at Maplins to see what they have.

As for the changing channels, don't really want to change the TV, only had it 4wks, have had a pile of coats and jumpers there for the past week, looks very unsightly but does the trick 99% of the time. Don't want to move the TV as all the cables for the speakers are sunk in the walls.

If I stripped of a couple of lengths of wallpaper and stuck tin foil on then repapered would that work?

TIA