• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV in one room, equipment in another

lorrainne

Standard Member
Hi I am putting a flat screen tv on the wall of a new house but dont want any boxes (sky+ DVD etc) on show. I want to put them in a unit under the stairs outside. Is this possible, what do I need and is it costly? Thanks

askpackers

Established Member
Hi, depending on the distance the most simple would be a scart lead from the Sky box and an HDMI from the DVD player assuming it has a HDMI socket. Also make sure your TV has these sockets. If you want to step up a level and include surround sound speakers then an AV AMP would do the job but a more complex setup as you would need to run speaker cables but depending on the AMP you can get away with 1 HDMI cable to the TV also you need to consider how you get remote singnals into the cupboard there are a few different ways to do this. Hope this helps

askpackers

Established Member
Hi, that would work for the sky box but not for the DVD player, take a look at the keene website.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom