Tv in bedroom

Sparky1970

Established Member
Reaction score
My son is renting a new build flat and has sky hd in living room, he would like to watch tv in bedroom, there is a tv connection point in the bedroom but not sure if a sky box is needed for connection. The connection point on bedroom wall is for Coax aerial, please see pic of living room connection point as I'm not sure if it links through to bedroom?
uploadfromtaptalk1399827678312.jpg

"Return" on the Living room face plate generally refers to a connection to other rooms.

No.
Connect Sky RF2 Out (or io device) to Return on wallplate, connect wallplate in other room direct to TV - tune that TV to analogue channel, receive currently selected Sky channel on it.

Bear in mind it will only be standard definition in the bedroom rather than HD

How do I go about hd? Another hd box in bedroom but can I connect to the wall socket in bedroom it's a Co ax connection.

A few options

1. Sky multi-Room - as rented flat that may be tricky - Cost £10 a month plus install and box dependent on offers available
2. Add a HDMi splitter and run a HDMI cable between rooms - Rough Cost based on 10M £90
3. Add a HDMI splitter, run Cat6 cables between rooms and use a HDMi over Cat6 extender - approx. £150
4. HDMi Over Powerline. Transmits HD signal via power cables - approx cost £299

Before anyone complains we sell all options 2, 3 and 4 and in order I'd go 1,3,2,4.

Options 1,3 and 4 also allow IR control of the sky box from the bedroom

Note: I've deleted two posts about option 4 - we've had more than enough on that subject, for and against.

Note: I've deleted two posts about option 4 - we've had more than enough on that subject, for and against.

Why do you always censor perfectly reasonable posts about PLT? It does not happen on other forums.

Always?
Rule 11.

You normally can, without links, but not in this case.
The subject is Off Topic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom