• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tv in bedroom

Sparky1970

My son is renting a new build flat and has sky hd in living room, he would like to watch tv in bedroom, there is a tv connection point in the bedroom but not sure if a sky box is needed for connection. The connection point on bedroom wall is for Coax aerial, please see pic of living room connection point as I'm not sure if it links through to bedroom?
uploadfromtaptalk1399827678312.jpg

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
"Return" on the Living room face plate generally refers to a connection to other rooms.

logiciel

No.
Connect Sky RF2 Out (or io device) to Return on wallplate, connect wallplate in other room direct to TV - tune that TV to analogue channel, receive currently selected Sky channel on it.

A few options

1. Sky multi-Room - as rented flat that may be tricky - Cost £10 a month plus install and box dependent on offers available
2. Add a HDMi splitter and run a HDMI cable between rooms - Rough Cost based on 10M £90
3. Add a HDMI splitter, run Cat6 cables between rooms and use a HDMi over Cat6 extender - approx. £150
4. HDMi Over Powerline. Transmits HD signal via power cables - approx cost £299

Before anyone complains we sell all options 2, 3 and 4 and in order I'd go 1,3,2,4.

Options 1,3 and 4 also allow IR control of the sky box from the bedroom

logiciel

Note: I've deleted two posts about option 4 - we've had more than enough on that subject, for and against.

logiciel

Always?
Rule 11.

logiciel

You normally can, without links, but not in this case.
The subject is Off Topic.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom