TV in a Bed

rs mexico

Has anyone put in a pop up flat screen at the bottom of their bed? Plus any sites that sell the lifting motors would be a great help.Screen size would only be 32 inch.Cheers.

rs mexico

If i could get the motor set up i would do the rest myself but if that costs a fortune ill just shove it on the side and put the money towards a newTAB screen for the front room.

rs mexico

scott R

Novice Member
i was gonna make one a while ago but never got round to it google TV lift , if its just a small screen you could probably knock something up using a car electric window kit

rs mexico

Found a site that sells the lifts for just under £500.

Lee_JTD

Novice Member
Im sure John Lewis has just starting stocking them.

Miniholic

Someone posted a link to these last week, but I'm not sure which thread it was in now. They mention from £349 for the mechanism.

HandsomeBWonderful

Novice Member
I just noticed there are no wires going in to the tv - I'd imagine it would get a bit "messy" when you've got 5 metre power/hdmi cables wrapped around the mechanism... I feel a lawsuit coming on.

R

Rockthejock

If you are into a bit of DIY why not make your own. Have seen motors on a certain auction site. Look for linear actuators. I was planning a height adjustable speaker stand that would disapear from view but got too complicated to design without being extremely big. Might work fine for a tv though.

dj-dulux

Heres one I did last year using a liftbox lift. Its been reliable so far too, no issues to report.

Box is oak and its a Pioneer 42" for info.

Dupe...

rs mexico

Heres one I did last year using a liftbox lift. Its been reliable so far too, no issues to report.

Box is oak and its a Pioneer 42" for info.

Dupe...
Thats more like it great job.Just one thing how did you deal with the wires?:smashin:

dj-dulux

Not my bedroom unfortunately, the wires are managed internally in a caterpillar trucking type thing then go under the bed to the DVD and Sky boxes. Its controlled with a Harmony remote and RF extender. The liftbox has IR control and is just programmed on the Harmony.

Dupe...

rs mexico

CHEERS MATE!!!:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published