TV help Please !

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by steveybrown, Jan 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. steveybrown

steveybrown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello :D new here normally use other forums :(

well im going to be gettig a new tv for my room and putting it on the wall above my desk and hooking it up to my computer but im stuck between what one i should get theres so many haha

anyways these are three options which i have come to, feel free to give me more but these r best imo.

Samsung UE32D6100 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    (reading alot that 3D is not full HD so duno if worth spending the extra)

Samsung UE32D5520 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

LG 32LV550T 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LED: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

i will not be gaming on this so dont take that into consideration. however i will be hooking up my computer.

so what do you think, which one is best ?
    steve

price range 400 -450

2. russ331

russ331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Certain types of Panels are better suited for use as a monitor, i.e. text legibility, etc.

I think (not 100% sure) that S-IPS Panels are best suited. S-IPS Panels are made by LG.

3. steveybrown

steveybrown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Why would you even consider a tele like the ones you have mentioned if only for your PC and not gaming??? sorry just really confused.

5. steveybrown

steveybrown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    becasue i will be using it for TV also but i will also be using it to connect my pc up to it. i like the big screens as im a programmer and designer and prefer big real estate.

6. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I know quite a few programmers and designers and they use PC screens or Apple screens :confused:

7. iaint

iaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi.
    Really would be better to get a proper monitor. For developing, you'd normally want a lot of useful real estate to read text from. In that respect, all those TVs are no better than my 15" laptop panel (1920x1200)!
    Consider the HP ZR30w for example; only 30", but a fairly impressive 2560x1600. Plus is has a proper adjustable desk stand (swivel, tilt and height). Plug a USB DVB-T tuner into your PC if you wish to watch television on it.
    Remember, a TV will be designed for you to sit between 2 and 3 times the vertical height away from it. Are you going to be sitting ~1.3m away from it?
    --
    Regards, Iain.