• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV Guide 'Favourites' button replaced by 'Local TV'

Steve Kelly

Anyone else suffering from this problem?

I noticed it last week, Press TV Guide, and the yellow button used to say 'Favourites', which I use
all the time when watching TV. And now it's been replaced by 'Local TV', which has 1 (awful) channel under it, and so absolutely pointless having as a dedicated coloured button in the TV guide!

This makes me livid!! that this highly useful and daily-used-by-me functionality is replaced by something that is completely and utterly pointless!!!

Although I'm at work right now, I just called Sky to see if it was a known issue with a known solution, but the dopy man didn't know a thing, and was suggesting planner rebuilds etc.

I said that this is/was clearly a deliberate software 'upgrade', but it's a change that I don't want.
but the guy knew nothing, and couldn't help.
I mean he had a valid point, saying there's not much he could do without me being in front of the box, but the way he was responding to my words, I don't think he understood what I was saying anyway.

Anyway, anyone else had the same update? someone who uses (used!) the favourites (on the TV Guide) functionality?
Got it sorted?
Accepting the change?!

Thanks.
Steve.

Steve Kelly

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
You can still access your favourites with one button press from the same view of the EPG - merely press the left arrow - it has exactly the same function as your original yellow button. Is that too difficult for you? Get real local TV is here to stay and prominence on the EPG may well be required under future PSB regulations.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom