TV guide error DMR-BWT720

thedoc735

Established Member
Reaction score
When I attempt to use the TV freeview guide on my set top box, I can start from say "BBC1" and scroll down to say around number 40 in the list of channels, then the tv guide suddenly disappears and I'm back on "BBC1" again!

Anyone got any ideas?

I've tried switching off and unplugging and doing a retune/channel search without any luck!

cheers!

I would try a factory reset - it should be possible to do this without without losing your recordings, but check the options and read any warnings carefully.

I would try a factory reset - it should be possible to do this without without losing your recordings, but check the options and read any warnings carefully.
Yes I thought about that but if it sets to the shipping condition/option, I may risk losing all my recordings collected over several years! Already tried the default setup without any success! Cheers!

How long have you had it because it may be a hardware fault?

How long have you had it because it may be a hardware fault?
I've had it a few years now and this issue started yesterday. Channel 31/5 star. Surely hardware faults wouldn't single out one channel? It isn't connected to a router, just an aerial. Cheers!

Can you get ch70 by just going to it directly? ie just pressing 70?

This is a vague recollection from the past so take it with something of a pinch of salt.

I seem to recall there being an issue with certain Pansonics where they didn't cope well with "duplicate" channels. These are
(a) SD and HD versions of the same channel (is this a HD model??)
(b) +1 (etc) versions of channels

and it was solved (worked around) by deleting some of the duplicates from the channel list. Worth a try, I guess.......

This is a vague recollection from the past so take it with something of a pinch of salt.

I seem to recall there being an issue with certain Pansonics where they didn't cope well with "duplicate" channels. These are

and it was solved (worked around) by deleting some of the duplicates from the channel list. Worth a try, I guess.......

AHA! Yes, where one is also in the range of more than one transmitter. Dual signals and multiple channels. So it gets confused.

But I don't know how to solve that one as I don't have a Panasonic. Sorry.

I can get HD channels, yes! Cheers!

Do you have any (duplicate) channels at 800, 801 etc ?

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you choose a high numbered channel manually, say Forces TV, then press the Guide button? Does the box switch back to BBC1 or show the Guide?

update, "31" has disappeared from the guide altogether and it now goes from 30 straight to 32 and the guide doesn't crash, it goes all the way from one to 114! But when I enter 31 manually "5 star" still comes on! Also, using manual tuning; if I go to frequency "31", it shows NO signal strength and NO signal quality? But as I say, if I enter "31" from the key pad, "5 star" still appears?

I don't know if channel 31 and frequency 31 are the same thing?
The UHF frequency 554MHz is also know as Channel 31 and this may be one of the frequencies your transmitter uses to broadcast (and therefore one of the UHF channels you need to scan if you do it manually), but this shouldn't be confused with Freeview Channel 31.

There's a table of frequencies and their channel numbers here.

It's entirely feasible (and quite likely) that Freeview channel 31 is not broadcast on UHF channel 31 (554MHz)

The UHF frequency 554MHz is also know as Channel 31 and this may be one of the frequencies your transmitter uses to broadcast (and therefore one of the UHF channels you need to scan if you do it manually), but this shouldn't be confused with Freeview Channel 31.

There's a table of frequencies and their channel numbers here.

It's entirely feasible (and quite likely) that Freeview channel 31 is not broadcast on UHF channel 31 (554MHz)
frequency 554MHz "31", shows NO signal strength and NO signal quality.

You can do that on a Panny(I have one) but even so it should just skip the hidden channels as you scroll through the epg. I have lots of channels hidden and it doesn't cause any problems. Could be worth checking for any software updates for the box as that might clear the problem.

You can do that on a Panny(I have one) but even so it should just skip the hidden channels as you scroll through the epg. I have lots of channels hidden and it doesn't cause any problems. Could be worth checking for any software updates for the box as that might clear the problem.
The box says the software is up to date and their is no current further outstanding updates available, but thanx for the suggestion, cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom