TV getting no signal from sky box? (Perhaps Visa-Versa)

DannyBhoy

Standard Member
Reaction score
:lease:

Everything was working fine until today. My sky box is turned on and all of the same cables are connected... but the tv isn't recognising the box I think? The TV says "TV Channel 5" then "No Signal" as if there wasn't a sky box even there? Please help... Also my Sky Box is hooked up via "RF-Out" or something not scart cable and has always worked on channel 5. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot :)

Tune channel five in to whatever frequency your Sky box is outputting its analogue signal on. If you don't know what frequency your Sky box is outputting on, run auto tune on your TV and let it pick the signal up and tell you what frequency it is outputting on. If it doesn't find Sky, it could be because it is clashing with a terrestrial signal - in which case remove the TV aerial input from RF in on the Sky box and try autotuning again.

Last edited:
Does it work if you disconnect the TV aerial?

Does it work through scart?

If no to both phone Sky else post back.

It could possibly work through scart, hold on I'll go try find one.

Right the picture works through scart but the sound is unbelievably quiet? Any fixes?

Completely fixed guys thanks a lot! :)
Just switched around the scart inputs and the volume fixed.
Cheers

Depending on the TV and on what "box" it is, for that improved picture quality use the RGB Scart socket and turn on RGB Scart output.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom