• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV getting no signal from sky box? (Perhaps Visa-Versa)

DannyBhoy

Standard Member
:lease:

Everything was working fine until today. My sky box is turned on and all of the same cables are connected... but the tv isn't recognising the box I think? The TV says "TV Channel 5" then "No Signal" as if there wasn't a sky box even there? Please help... Also my Sky Box is hooked up via "RF-Out" or something not scart cable and has always worked on channel 5. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot :)

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Tune channel five in to whatever frequency your Sky box is outputting its analogue signal on. If you don't know what frequency your Sky box is outputting on, run auto tune on your TV and let it pick the signal up and tell you what frequency it is outputting on. If it doesn't find Sky, it could be because it is clashing with a terrestrial signal - in which case remove the TV aerial input from RF in on the Sky box and try autotuning again.

Last edited:

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Does it work if you disconnect the TV aerial?

Does it work through scart?

If no to both phone Sky else post back.

logiciel

Depending on the TV and on what "box" it is, for that improved picture quality use the RGB Scart socket and turn on RGB Scart output.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom