Tv from currys broken within months

Dodgexander

I havent said anything that can be classed as libel.

Hisense refused to even look at our tv, despite at least 2 of their customer service saying it didnt look right, they then got in touch with AO.com to say the tv wasnt faulty, again without anyone coming to even check.

The TV had so many problems when the warranty eventually expired that we took it to the tip.

Hisense review pretty badly for alot of things like software, screen uniformity etc, their customer service has an awful track record, for a pretty new to the uk company, yet the same people on here repeatedly push them on buyers with little or no actual tv knowledge.

It's terrible really.

And again, no libel anywhere, I was approached a couple of years ago on here by an electronics maker to promote a certain model of tv that I had purchased and I know others have, it's very obvious, edit what you want, it's very obvious what's going on, I'm not the first to see it.
You quoted your own comment with your own libelous line. Your claim was AVforums members are paid by Hisense. I can assure you that isn't the case, and its an insult to those who post their honest opinions here, and to moderators too who carry a responsibility to make sure there's no unjustified promotion of a single brand. Believe me, if there was someone who was paid by Hisense on this site, we would quickly know about it. Nonetheless, you broke a forum rule and have been docked points because of it. I trust that is enough to know if you continue to make such comments, your account will incur more infractions, which may lead to suspension or even a permanent ban.

If you think any posts are influenced, or have some form of biased opinion then the correct procedure is to report them to us. Spreading libelous comments and deliberately misleading other members is not something we want to see on the forum. We check every post, but if we miss something that is obvious, you are free to let us know.

But aside from all of that, I think you aren't looking at the bigger picture. Every TV manufacturer has complaints about customer service, none are good with support or looking after their customers, and none have good service either.
When you buy a TV, the responsibility to replace or refund it is with the retailer where you bought it, and not with the manufacturer directly. If you are disgruntled with your experience with a Hisense TV, you should direct your woes at AO.com and not Hisense directly. It would have been exactly the same if you bought any TV from any manufacturer from ao.com and if a fault appeared within the warranty of the TV, then ao.com were obligated to offer you a solution. If you reported a fault to them within the warranty period and they didn't offer to replace or refund your purchase, then clearly they either felt there was no fault themselves, or they flat out refused a return which is against consumer law.

For anyone else interested, here's a guide to make sure that a similar experience doesn't happen to them: General Buying Tips

One of the most important factors is to make sure when you buy a TV to prioritise buying from retailers that bundle extended warranties and those that have good customer service. Often retailers like Richer Sounds, Costco or John Lewis offer 4-5 years on top of the standard first year. Retailers like ao.com do not offer extended warranties, only bundling the standard 1 year with all of their TVs.
Hisense review pretty badly for alot of things like software, screen uniformity etc, their customer service has an awful track record, for a pretty new to the uk company, yet the same people on here repeatedly push them on buyers with little or no actual tv knowledge.
No more than any other TV manufacturer. For starters Hisense TVs exclusively use VA type panels on their TVs which immediately means they have better screen uniformity than other brands using IPS panels. Its true that they have a lot to learn when it comes to picture processing, but they also sell there TVs at a fraction of the cost compared to other manufacturers. In many cases similarly priced TVs are both cheaper, and better too.
As for TV knowledge, AVForums has recently reviewed many Hisense TVs and there's no-one better qualified to give their opinion than Phil who's a qualified TV calibrator with years of experience in the industry. There's a plethora of different brands reviewed, and many others recommended together with Hisense, so I have no idea how you can conclude that anyone recommending there TVs is anything other than justified.

To me, your posts against Hisense are not only false, but just show you have sour grapes from your own experience with a TV you purchased from them previously. All frustration of which should have been taken out with the retailer you bought the TV from if they didn't honour its warranty inside its warranty period.

RealityDysfunction

Standard Member
This isn't going to help much; but they really couldn't get the parts for a 2019 model TV that can only recently have gone off sale? Do they keep any parts in stock at all?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom