TV for sport

SUDORED

Standard Member
Hi I am looking for a TV for about £600 or less has to be HD ready 42in, whats the best sort of tv for watching football on? i sit 6-7 foot away from TV but the rest of family sit 8- 10 foot away! I dont do gaming or watch many DVDs, i would say 90% of the time we will be watching TV in SD as well cheers!

EDIT: I want at least a 5 year guarantee at this price as well.

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
You want the Panasonic plasma for your needs - I'd avoid lower end LCD for SD and especially sport :)

Porta105

Standard Member
You'll find them all cheaper on Richersounds then you can take that price back to John Lewis and let them match it.

SUDORED

Standard Member
You'll find them all cheaper on Richersounds then you can take that price back to John Lewis and let them match it.

RICHER SOUNDS has the plasma for £589 but that without the 5 year guarantee will JL price match that price?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Yes, as long as RS have it on display and in stock

SUDORED

Standard Member
I know this might be a stupid question but which have stronger screen LCDS OR PLASMAS? would one or the other for example be able to withstand a 2/3/or 5 year old throwing a toy at the screen? ive been told plasmas have the stronger screens?

alsina

I know this might be a stupid question but which have stronger screen LCDS OR PLASMAS? would one or the other for example be able to withstand a 2/3/or 5 year old throwing a toy at the screen? ive been told plasmas have the stronger screens?

The plasma would survive, the LCD wouldn't.

SUDORED

Standard Member
The plasma would survive, the LCD wouldn't.

HI ONE MORE THING! i think i am gonna go for the Panasonic plasma! does anyone know much about this model and how it handles screen burn? the kids watch a lot of kids channels and i watch a lot of sky news will it be ok?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom