TV for SD viewing?

I'd love to think LG Customer Support are correct, but I doubt it.
If it does come with a VA panel it will make for better contrast and blacks, but worse viewing angles than IPS.

I'd love to think LG Customer Support are correct, but I doubt it.
Why? Are they lying to me? Could you elaborate?
If it does come with a VA panel it will make for better contrast and blacks, but worse viewing angles than IPS.
A relative of mine sits at an angle of about 30° with respect to the TV. Could this person see colour shifting? And could black crush occur?

With my old plasma TV we have never had these issues (viewing angles were incredible), but I can tolerate these limitations provided they do not affect normal viewing.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

A relative of mine sits at an angle of about 30° with respect to the TV. Could this person see colour shifting? And could black crush occur?

With my old plasma TV we have never had these issues (viewing angles were incredible), but I can tolerate these limitations provided they do not affect normal viewing.

Thank you again.
VA is rather poor off-angle. 20° is where it starts to go wrong. Watch the video and you'll see how bad it gets. You will also see that OLED is best for your relative at 30° angle.

relative of mine sits at an angle of about 30° with respect to the TV. Could this person see colour shifting? And could black crush occur?
That will be borderline, some VA panels will be okay, some will not. Typically, with a VA panel off-axis black levels are raised and the colour loses vibrancy (washed out).
They do not know more than you, or I.
Such information is not shared with LG Customer Support, they probably look it up on their own website, or google.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom