TV for normal use, no gaming

mia3

Novice Member
Respect to all, I am new to the forum, and I expect to get the right answer here, what to buy. I am writing from Europe, so we are talking about European models.

I need a TV with a VA panel. Size 55 inches and larger.
I have small children, so some channels are aired all day, so I wouldn't consider OLED. Mostly tv is used about 12h a day.

The distance of the TV is 2-4 meters.

I also have an android TV box, a beeling GT1 mini, so my OS is not crucial.

Use of TV is as follows:
60% of the IPTV list via the TiviMate application (regional channels, cartoons, movies, sports, etc.)
35% Youtube content (cartoons, music)
5% Kodi - movies

I DON'T PLAY GAMES until the kids grow up, so maybe I'll buy them a console later.
Also, I rarely watch HDR content, I didn't have a TV that supports it, I might start watching it when I get the right TV.

Because you have been here longer, and you follow all the topics, I need a TV that I will use for more than 5 years, which means that there are no frequent complaints and the like.

I offer the following models:
-Sony KE55XH9005BAEP (825 euros, 5 year warranty at an authorized service center in my country)
-Hisense 55U8QF (765 euros, 5 year warranty at an authorized service center in my country)
-Sony XR-55X90J / X92J / X93J (920 euros, 3 years warranty, but not valid in my country, the TV must be carried to the neighboring country where it was purchased, ie to Hungary)
-Sony KE-65XH9005 (1000 euros, 2 years warranty, but not valid in my country, the TV must be carried to the neighboring country where it was purchased, ie to Hungary)
-Sony XR-65X90J / X92J / X93J (1150 euros, 3 years warranty, but not valid in my country, the TV must be carried to the neighboring country where it was purchased, ie to Hungary)

What do you say? Should I go to my country with a guarantee, and be calm, or take it from the neighboring one, where the technique is much cheaper.
Or maybe you recommend another model for my needs, so I can check the prices and write them here?
I am open to all comments and recommendations.

Thanks in advance, I wish you all the best!

tvdavid

I would go with the Sony XR-55X90J or the 65 inch one.

Dodgexander

For your usage, which seems strictly SDR last years 55" Sony XH90 is probably your best bet considering it has a valid warranty in your country.

The chance of failure is very low, but I would never advise anyone to buy without knowing they are covered by warranty locally.

I do find it strange that some TVs are covered and some not though. Why is it that the 55" XH90 is covered but the 65" is not?

55" instead of 65" may be a good idea if you're still watching IPTV, it won't look so good on a larger TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom