Question TV for Kitchen?

Godders9

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking for a TV to go in our kitchen at our new house. It probably needs to be 40" max as we've got a 43" on the breakfast table and it looks a bit big, even if the new one will be wall mounted.

Viewing distance is 8-10ft, main viewing will be netflix or sky sports via Sky Q secondary box.

Research suggests I won't find better than this?
Samsung MU6400 40-Inch SMART Ultra HD TV

£444 on Amazon

Unless you are going to be able to view very close up to the screen I would instead go for one of the Sony or Samsung FHD models at 40"

So that is the Sony WExxx series or Samsung M5xxx series if you want smart TV.

Or the Sony RExxx series or Samsung M4xxx series if you want no smart.

These TVs will be better than the above for displaying the poor quality stuff like the Non-HD TV channels.

No need for UHD.

Also, beware that TVs at 40" are always using panels that have narrow viewing angles, not sure if you will find that an issue or not in your kitchen.

Measure up your current 43" TV bezel to bezel and compare it to modern 43" TVs in WxHxD measurements, the new TVs may be a lot smaller due to small bezels.

Thanks. Current TV in the kitchen is a Sony 43x8309c which would be fine but we'll probably use this in the bedroom so want a replacement for the kitchen (and it's purchased on the worktop and not wall mounted).

I can vouch fof the extreme viewing angles of the LG sj80x series. I have a 55sj810 and I rate it an excellent buy. It's not just good viewing angles, but the picture quality is as good as any without taking the step up to qled or oled. The sound from the Harman epeakers is more than acceptable too.

I would second that from TerFar.

I managed to pick up a bargain LG 49SJ800v for a little over £400 from the John Lewis Outlet.

HDR
Dolby Vision
HLG
WebOS
Harmon Kardon
Great Viewing Angles
Solid Picture

Mounted on the wall, perfect!

Zim

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel