TV for home thearte room

sebbo900

Established Member
Reaction score
So I'm building a home theatre in a room that isn't being used currently. I'll be sitting about 2.5 (8.2ft) away from the screen. I decided to go for a 75" tv after a lot of deliberation over an 85".

I have ordered is the 75 Sony 9505h that I got for £1999 from JL with the option to do a price match if it gets lower in the next 30days. Whilst it seems a great tv and a pretty good price my concern is I have a 55 cx oled in my living room so have been a bit spoilt with black levels.

Ideally I would have gone with an oled in the home theatre room but the 65" would have been too small and 77" oleds are about £3000 which is out of my budget and 50% more!

How have people found using a mid/high end fald after using an oled? Does the blooming and black bars annoy you?

Think it depends who you speak too, what they watch, when they watch, the conditions they watch in.

If you get some bias lighting or watch during the day its not going to be a big deal. But if you are going to do critical watching in a pitch black environment you will notice it, especially in HDR where the backlight is on full.

Each technology does things differently though, whilst you may not appreciate the lack of per pixel dimming you may enjoy that the TV can get brighter, which can be impressive with HDR titles. LCD TVs also stutter less than OLEDs as their response time is longer.

The CX seems better PQ than my XH95 now I have it how I like the settings. but for monitor use and films I like the XH95 more but its 65 inch vs 55. the CX has far better sound to.

Think it depends who you speak too, what they watch, when they watch, the conditions they watch in.

If you get some bias lighting or watch during the day its not going to be a big deal. But if you are going to do critical watching in a pitch black environment you will notice it, especially in HDR where the backlight is on full.

Each technology does things differently though, whilst you may not appreciate the lack of per pixel dimming you may enjoy that the TV can get brighter, which can be impressive with HDR titles. LCD TVs also stutter less than OLEDs as their response time is longer.

My plan is get some medialight mk2 flex to act as bias lighting so won't be in a complete pitch black room. I guess it's one of those things that's quite subjective so probably won't know until I actually us it

The CX seems better PQ than my XH95 now I have it how I like the settings. but for monitor use and films I like the XH95 more but its 65 inch vs 55. the CX has far better sound to.

sound won't be an issue as I won't be using the tv's sound but interesting to know you prefer tje the xh95 for movies, I'm assuming from your post due to the size

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom