Tv For Football And Ps3 And Hd

loates123

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi upgradeing my 28inch matsui crt. which i paid 300 quid for 6 years ago.

have around 700- 900 to spend .
was thinking of getting a plasma or lcd

what is the toshiba lcd 32wlt66 like. i am on a budget must tv must be to my needs, and i do not want motion sickness.

must be good to watch football on i watch a lot mostly on carttons the other times
will be getting a ps3 at the end of the year pre ordered already.

will be getting sky hd too in a month have sky plus at the moment.

update really like the toshiba lcd but been told ON LCD FORUM ITS NO GOOD FOR FOOTBALL.
so what do u guys reckon would like no bigger than 42inch due to the cost would spend 1500 max but means i would have to use cc to pay.:confused:

please advice

My Panasonic PWD7 is great for football. I would have thought the latest (HD) models would be as well - PHD8/9?

These are panels though, not tv's. I do not know about other plasma's.

I wouldn't bother with LCD, and you do not want to sit closer than 7 feet from a 42" panel.

SO FORGET THE LCD ONE?
my little girl likes to sit within 5 ft on the tv...

so what tv for my need would be spot on would prefer a latest model in my price range as i want it to lastfor years without updateing.

heard panasonic ones are good

so my aims

football
sky hd
and ps2 then ps3

For a large screen (over 32") and for football I would go plasma. If you have sounds (you can use your hifi) the Panasonic panels are great value. They do not have tuners/speakers though.

If you want HD the PHD8 should be well within your budget, try a search though because I seem to remember reading that the PWD7 (£900) displays HD well.......

A 42" will be okay from 5 feet for a kid (mine watch up close sometimes), but the optimum would be over 7-8 feet at least.

cheers think ill go for it as plasma seems better to watch football on and ok for my ps3 when i get it and ps2 at the moment

now what models should i go for, as i want this to be future proof. any link would be fab

a quick reply would be fab

not being funny but for that kind of money your better off buying a used plasma from the for sale threads m8, nice panny or summit

can u tell me why to buy second hand.

i want a latest model.

for football and ps2 and ps3 and sky hd

so what model do i go for this all this little help i feel like just getting the 32 inch lcd or the 37 lcd.....

come on i want to buy today

Try searching for Panasonic PHD8 and 9's.

loates123 said:
can u tell me why to buy second hand.

i want a latest model.

for football and ps2 and ps3 and sky hd

so what model do i go for this all this little help i feel like just getting the 32 inch lcd or the 37 lcd.....

come on i want to buy today

To get anything half decent on the plasma front you will need to up your budget to around £1200 - £1500. Then you need to decide whether you need to buy a plasma tv with biult in tuner and speakers or whether a panel will do as you alreay have sky/freeview box and a av amp or hifi for sound. Once you have made that decision ppl can suggest the models you need to consider/demo. It doesnt pay to rush into a purchase and then regret it (speaking from experience here btw :rolleyes: ). Give the guys here more info to go on and they may be more inclined to help :)

ok here is my aim
keep budget low without buying a crappy tv

watch most footy on sky hd
play my ps2 on it and ps3

somethink what is going to last at 6 years

am thinking of the tos 32 or 37 as these are cheaper

all reply welcome , i throught i would ask all as its a lot of money to pay out for me and i want to get this right

loates123 said:
ok here is my aim
keep budget low without buying a crappy tv

watch most footy on sky hd
play my ps2 on it and ps3

somethink what is going to last at 6 years

am thinking of the tos 32 or 37 as these are cheaper

all reply welcome , i throught i would ask all as its a lot of money to pay out for me and i want to get this right

If you are looking for plasma, I would suggest the panasonic px60 or the hitachi 7200. both HD ready and reasonably priced.Do a forum search on both models for more info.

loates123 said:
:eek: come on guys , gutted at the lack of advice
Oh for goodness sake - try reading some of the other threads on this forum.

Kazuya Mishima said:
Oh for goodness sake - try reading some of the other threads on this forum.

mmm, me smells a rat here. the budget WAS £1,500 in the first post.

try that search function my friend.......:rolleyes:

check the lcd forum for your other thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom