• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

tv for fixed volume and headphones louder

goa55

Novice Member
wondered if anyone can help me, my mum needs to get a new tv the old tesco tecnika now has sound only no vision,

my mother has a bit of dementia and hearing loss and so likes to the tv nice and loud( well nice for her not next door|)so she happily uses the headphones with the volume about 38. so when they are unplugged the volume at 38 is a bit loud for the next door., so if i use the hotel setting i can control the max volume to about say 20 which is ok but too quiet when used in headphones, so i wondered if anyone knew of a tv where they are separate or a set of headphones with some sort of amplifier so when plugged in they are ok, and if unplugged then the volume is controlled and normal.

it had been suggested to superglue the headphones in. but i thought there maybe another answer.

any helpful advice welcome,
thanks adam

Dodgexander

I'm not sure how it is now but with my Panasonic ST60 plasma from 2013 you set the headphone volume independently in the options, given its easy to test why not take some to a store like richer sounds/currys and ask to see if you can test with the remote. Just search in the menu for a separate volume control after you plug in the headphones.

An alternative would be to scroll through TV manuals online if you find a TV you are interested in with a headphone socket still.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom