1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV for conservatory

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rob100, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Hi,

Just having a conservatory built and am looking for a TV to put in it.

My main AV set-up in the lounge consists of Panny 42PW5 plasma, DVD recorder, Arcam DV88+ etc and in no way to I want to have another "complicated" set-up in the conservatory.

All I want is to have a TV, Video, DVD and Panny TUCT20 freeview box. I have the last 3 items "kicking about", but need to decide on a TV.

As crazy as this may sound, considering how much stuff is still broadcast in 4:3 I'm wondering about the Sony KV21LS30 21" 4:3 nicam set. Not bad for £270 approx.

Really don't want to spend over £300. Things that are important to me:

1) Good connectivity
    2) Good geometory
    3) Good looks (flat screen preferably)
    4) Shallow depth as possible

Can anyone suggest something suitable or has anyone got this Sony set and can comment on it?

Thanks,

Rob

2. spacemuppett

spacemuppett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got one of these as a replacement to a 20 year old Sony 21'. Difference is huge, of course.

Really good flat screen, excellent picture, geometry.
    Has got the Live, Personnel, Movie settings which would be useful for the conseratory because of the amount of light. I have got mine mainly to use with the xbox and the Live setting is very useful when the sun is on the screen.

Design is really good, it looks nice and solidly made etc.

Only small issue is it defaults to 16:9 when switching to AV1, but i just turn it back to 4:3.

We have got a KV28FX60 as our main TV, but it is now not a pain to go upstairs and use the 2nd TV. That is how good I think it is.

Anymore questions give me a shout.

3. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Thanks for info. I've looked about and there really doesn't seem to be much else to compete with it. There was a Panasonic model that I'd considered (can't recall the number), but it only had one scart which these days I think is unacceptable (except on maybe a 14" portable).

I haven't seen the Sony "in the flesh", so I'll try and see if anyone local has one in stock and try and beat them down on price :)

Rob.

4. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Bought a KV21LS30 a couple of weeks ago I am very impressed with it.

I haven't noticed a problem when switching to AV1 with it defaulting to 16:9. What do you have connected to this input? Maybe it's because I'm connecting it to my Freeview box and pin 8 is keeping it in 4:3?

The SmartLink works great with the Panasonic video (Q-Link).

Thanks,

Rob.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Save up the other £200 and get a Sharp Aquos LCD the light reflection is so minmal on these !!! A CRT is going to reflect too much light to be useable in the summer days early evening without xcloing the blinds........
    a 15" aqous will be £500 ish and a 20" is £1000 but £850 online!!!