Question TV for Bedroom

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by johnr2110, Jul 25, 2018.

1. johnr2110

johnr2110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Have up graded Sky HD to Sky Q so a new TV is a must. Looking at sets of 40-50 inch.
    As Sky Q Mini are not 4k is it worth buying a 4k TV. Viewing distance 10-11ft.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    If all you watch is Sky then you may be better using a FHD TV. At your viewing distance the UHD channels on TV will look okay on an UHD model but the ones that aren't HD won't look as sharp.

Best value TV's are here: My best value TVs, 2017 Edition

3. johnr2110

johnr2110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Thanks for the reply Dodge. Sky Q Mini only does FHD so perhaps a FHD TV is the best bet. Although I thought 4k TVs upgraded the picture?

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    No, 4k doesn't upgrade the picture. It upscales the picture to 4k and does its best at displaying it but it won't be as sharp as a native FHD TV. The thing is at your viewing distance I am not really sure you would even notice a difference with the FHD channels on an UHD model. The concern isn't really displaying HD on an UHD TV for you, but more how well it displays the channels that aren't in HD yet.

If you don't watch the channels that aren't also available in HD then its not really a problem.

If you only occasionally watch them then you may accept they will look a little worse for the sake of being able to accept UHD for other sources and any future sources you plan on using.