tv for around £500 from comet

Dave The Rave

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all
recieved my pana 37c10 from comet yestarday and its crap.
want to change it for another from comet,have to pay extra £50 to change it.
any ideas what tv to get from there for around £500?
any ideas anyone?

hi all
recieved my pana 37c10 from comet yestarday and its crap.
want to change it for another from comet,have to pay extra £50 to change it.
any ideas what tv to get from there for around £500?
any ideas anyone?

I take it it's the plasma?

What's wrong with it out of interest?

Is it the reflections or problems with the picture quality?

Are you looking for a similar size replacement or the best you can get for your budget?

I take it it's the plasma?

What's wrong with it out of interest?

Is it the reflections or problems with the picture quality?

Are you looking for a similar size replacement or the best you can get for your budget?
hiya mate
it is the plasma
the reflections are really bad,worse than i thought they would be.
I am after 32 or 37inch tv.
usually go panasonic but am not really that bothered.
cant go above £500-£550.

If you can find this Panasonic 32LZD80 then it really is the best set you'll find for the money.

It's an older model, last years but to be honest buying last years model really isn't a problem.

It's a good price due to them clearing stocks.

I'd personally rather have a higher end last year model than a lower end newer model, tvs are long term purchases anyway so if you had bought one of those last year you'd still have it now and it would still be as good as it was :smashin:

Last edited:
If you can find this Panasonic 32LZD80 then it really is the best set you'll find for the money.

It's an older model, last years but to be honest buying last years model really isn't a problem.

It's a good price due to them clearing stocks.

I'd personally rather have a higher end last year model than a lower end newer model, tvs are long term purchases anyway so if you had bought one of those last year you'd still have it now and it would still be as good as it was :smashin:

Last year's Panasonic 1080p models had pretty poor Freeview picture quality so not the best choice if the built-in Freeview is going to be used.

Last year's Panasonic 1080p models had pretty poor Freeview picture quality so not the best choice if the built-in Freeview is going to be used.

Can you recommend a better tv from comet at that price range?

At that price range the pick of the Panasonic range would be the 32X10, although the 32X15 would be something worth stretching for. The prices on both these sets are being reduced by £50 as of 1st june.

By the way, why do you have to buy from Comet? They are already charging you £50 to return your tv so why not take your money elsewhere and get a better deal?

By the way, why do you have to buy from Comet? They are already charging you £50 to return your tv so why not take your money elsewhere and get a better deal?

I'm assuming they aren't offering a refund and the money they are charging is a re-stocking fee, as his tv isn't faulty but he simply isn't happy with it.

Or maybe he used comet gift vouchers or something.

I'm assuming they aren't offering a refund and the money they are charging is a re-stocking fee, as his tv isn't faulty but he simply isn't happy with it.

Or maybe he used comet gift vouchers or something.

Must be the latter as Comet offer 28 days during which you can receive a refund minus a restocking fee if the tv has been used. Presumably the tv was bought instore, as if it has been ordered online then the OP can return it for a full refund and no restocking fee can be charged by Comet.

Must be the latter as Comet offer 28 days during which you can receive a refund minus a restocking fee if the tv has been used. Presumably the tv was bought instore, as if it has been ordered online then the OP can return it for a full refund and no restocking fee can be charged by Comet.

i bought the tv instore.
had the pana 32x15 model at £599 (100hurtz)
seems to be the best bet so far.still £100 over budget but seems a quality lcd

wonder if any other retailer is selling it cheeper so i can get it priced matched?

Last edited:
i bought the tv instore.
had the pana 32x15 model at £599 (100hurtz)
seems to be the best bet so far.still £100 over budget but seems a quality lcd

Currently at £515 at Richer Sounds and due to come down even further this week in line with Panasonic's price drop on this model.

Currently at £515 at Richer Sounds and due to come down even further this week in line with Panasonic's price drop on this model.

is that an instore price?

^ Yes. Where I live they're almost out of X15s, plenty X10s though.

I'm also interested in the 32" X10/X15. Does anyone know whether RS offer finance i.e. Buy now, Pay in 6 months? I know Comet & DSGi do. But I read they aren't the best places to buy from atm.
Also they charge £115 for only 3 years cover!! My CRT died suddenly and i'm looking for a replacement but don't have the cash to spare right now.

So the price drop would be around £50 effective immediately starting tomorrow? That is good news. I haven't seen any reviews for this model though. Any idea how it compares to last years LXD85?

Last edited:
So the price drop would be around £50 huh. I haven't seen any reviews for this model. Any idea how it compares to last years LXD85?

In simple terms it's better.

This is the only review I could find for the X15. The score given is 7/10 and it seems from the reviewers perspective blacks haven't been improved (can they get worse though?) and the audio is pretty weak (lack of BBE in specs). He also mentions plenty of picture noise. Everything else seems fine though which I guess is something.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom