• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV for around £1000 mark

c0sm1c

Standard Member
Hi guys...

Looking to buy a new TV within the next week for my newly finished house extension. So for new sitting room im looking at getting something 40-46" for arround the £1000 mark...give or take a couple of hundred.
Thought about 3D TV and likes the looks of Samsung C7000's but not sure im fully into the 3d thing, it may catch on more in a few years and the TV's are expesive just now, Im thinking its still a bit gimmick.

So looking about, ive kinda semi decided on a Samsung 46C6530 (or similar). Now I like the looks of the samsungs..and Im wanting something with a sleak modern look along with good picture quality etc. Im likeing the wireless streaming from PC options on the Samsungs along with the ability to play movies etc. through USB stick...so I can take movies (avi's etc.) off computer and watch the straight on TV without hasle. Also want HD freeview built in.

So for that budget should I be looking at other TV's? or maybe even a plasma screen? What is the majot difference between the Palsma's and LED tvs anyway.
I would pay more to get the best TV should it be worth it.

Any advice appeciated. Cheers.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom