• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question TV for an OAP

Stew'

Standard Member
Hi avforums,

I was helping out one of my mum's friends with some IT stuff and she tasked me with helping her buy a new telly.

She's well into her 70s, isn't remotely techy savvy and is hard of hearing. So I need something that's simple to use, doesn't have a remote like the bridge of the Enterprise and can switch the subtitles off and on easily.

Screen size 32" with a budget of £250-£300.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Stew

Dodgexander

Not really sure if there are tv's made with ease of use in my mind anymore, short of ease of use for smart tv features that I presume she won't use.

If you buy a model and the remote is too complicated to use you are better off programming a simple TV remote like a one for all with just the essential buttons, then practically any tv will behave the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom