TV external speakers to headphone jack - Help!

W

wooboowoo

Hi all,

I've been given three external speakers from a Panasonic widescreen TV and I'd like to find a way to hook them up to a headphone jack (such as on my little TV, or laptop, or iPod etc).

The three speakers each say "15W max" on the back and have the number 8 with a horseshoe sort of symbol. There are no wires coming out of them and two holes going into each one - one red and one black. Two of the speakers are "External Speaker" and one is "Centre Speaker". They don't have any means of plugging into a power supply, so I guess that must come down the red or black wire.

Please help, as I'm completely lost!

Thanks.

lazymatt

Sounds like you'll need an amp to get them working.

Either a stereo amp to get two working, or a 5.1 amp for three.

Truth be told, it's probably not worth it. If you're gonna shell out on a 5.1 system, get some decent speakers. Or any micro system will come with speakers.

W

wooboowoo

Oh poo. Thanks anyway for your help.

I think I'd be better off spending the money on either a micro system or a set of speakers for my laptop/ipod/etc. Have you any suggestions? Say a £25-50 budget? A 2-channel system with a subwoofer should be enough as I don't have any need or desire for surround-sound movies.

Thanks again!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom