1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV,DVDR,VCR & SKY+ - WHAT GOES WHERE?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by SAP28, Dec 3, 2004.

1. SAP28

SAP28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya, I am gettin more and more hacked off as I can't get everything working as I want it.

I want to be able to record Sky+, video and tv via the DVDR (not bothered about recording via vcr)

I would also appreciate explanations as to what my viewing restrictions will be with whatever connection is recommended - eg watch Sky+ while recording TV etc etc

My TV has 2 scarts (the S-video and component connections are on the front of tv so need to avoid these if possible)
    DVDR has 2 scart and all other connections
    Sky+ has same
    VCR has one scart, aerial and RF out :lease:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    need makes and model but pretty sure there is no component connection on front of your telly.....it will be composite yelow red and white???
    Sky+ TV scart to AV2 DVDR AV1 DVDR to RGB scart on TV set everything to RGB and then VCR to second TV scart no Sky+ to VCR (why you want to a cant fathom) but can Play tapes record anaologue and Sky and watch DVDs

3. SAP28

SAP28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheerz horny, you are right - no component connections on front of TV................it doesn't have any at all !!! :oops: They are the red, white, yellow and S-video. Which is the RGB connection ? On back of my TV (Hitachi C28W1TN) I have AV1 and AV2. RGB is an option tho when I go through the screens? As U can probably tell.........I am complete novice !!!

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    RGB is within the scart connections. Beware that some tv's, dvd's, other boxes, do not always have RGB wired on both scarts.

5. SAP28

SAP28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I really am confused !! Can someone just list how to connect the above equipment in an idiot proof format (preferably each connection on a separate line) and with what I need for each connection (is there a special RGB scart lead? or deos RGB automatically default?) :lease:

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Plug the TV scart from the Sky Plus box into the DVDR and the other scart from the DVDR into AV1 on the TV. This will give you the best quality RGB pictures from both the Sky box and DVD.

The VCR can be plugged into the second scart on the TV