1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV DVD slideshow software

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by richard bilt, Oct 13, 2004.

1. richard bilt

richard bilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for some software that'll allow me to author dvds to view photos as a slideshow on the TV. I've checked out quite a bit but none do just what i'm after so i was hoping someone on the forum might be able to help.

Essentially i want a slideshow package that'll enable me to set up templates for design and transition effects (so i can point a load of photos at the template and it'll automatically create the slideshow according to the rules/graphics in the template) but which also has classy transition effects. most packages have the cheesy swirls and wipes but i'm after something whre the effects can be modified (i'm after things like subtle fades with zooms and slight picture movements, that sort of thing rather than changing the picture into a paper plane and flying it off the screen if you know what i mean! :lesson: )

if you can help, i owe you

Rich

2. MattB1

MattB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    proshow gold and memories on tv might be worth a look. I think there are websites for both products.

Matt.

3. richard bilt

richard bilt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah thanks - i've tried both and i think Proshow gold is about as close as i've come to what i'm after but i don't think you can create templates in it so i can set it up for one batch and use the same settings for the next batch of photos without re-entering all the settings again (i could be wrong but experimenting yesterday i couldn't find it). thanks for the pointer though.. :thumbsup:

4. HardBoiledEgg

HardBoiledEgg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have sugggested PRo Show Gold, Memories on TV ( for the 'Ken Burns Efftct' of panning and zooming into a still picture.
    Then there is Roxio Media Creator 7 and Photos 2 DVD/CD. I went through almost all the programs out there a few months ago when I got my DVD burner.
    I know what you mean about the paper aeroplane thing ;) very tacky I thought?

I don't know if any of them make templates but I think the Roxio one does. You can download trial versions of any of the programs.

HTH

Nicola