1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV/DVD/Sky+ audio connections

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Andrewp369, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Andrewp369

Andrewp369

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Toshiba Picture frame tv with a co-axial audio connection to a Toshiba DVD player and an optical audio connection from the TV to my Sky+ box. I am about to buy a panasonic DVD recorder because the Tosh player is on the way out. I have been advised that because the panasonic DVD player does not have a co-axial socket I need to get a Co-ax/Optical digital audio converter. I have found these in Maplins for £14.99 but there is a Co-ax to optical and an optical to co-ax option, which do i need? Also, is this the best way to have my tv/sky+ and DVD connected for the best audio results?

2. neilht

neilht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem when trying to connect my Xbox to my TV. The Xbox has an optical audio output but my Philips TV has a co-axial audio input. So I bought an optical to co-axial converter from Maplin and this works fine.

However, I've just bought a Panasonic E95 DVD recorder and initially found I couldn't get any sound via the optical output. It wasn't until I pulled the optical cable half way out of the E95 that I heard audio. See my post today (20/12/04)