• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV drive rgb outputs

Biker Dave

Established Member
Have just phoned NTL and TV drive box is available:D At present I have a panny plasma and panny E55 dvd recorder and a Samsung STB. I use scarts for hook up but the issue comes in that only 1 of the scart outputs is RGB capable from the STB, good old vhs didn't require such inputs. I send this to the plasma but then lose out when recording onto dvd. Does the TV drive have twin RGB output?
Cheers
Dave

PeteD64

Established Member
TV Drive also has component & HDMI if your Plasma has them. RGB scart won't show the (limited) HD content. Not sure if you can use RGB scart & one of the other interfaces at the same time, I think I remember reading on the telewest forums that it disables the outputs you aren't using. Some people watch TV with HDMI enabled but then switch output to RGB scart to transfer recordings from the TV Drive to DVD recorder.

Can your Panny recorder do RGB scart pass-thru? If so you should be able to connect STB to recorder & then onto plasma.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom