TV drive connection question.

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by stonfiesta5, Sep 18, 2007.

1. stonfiesta5

stonfiesta5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi people, i have searched but coudnt find what i was looking for due to me not knowing the exact name of the cable i need.

Basically what i want to do is run a long cable from the tv drive in the living room to the bedroom tv (10-15 metres i reckon...live in a flat)........now, i know its unlikely that there will be a scart this long, or a hdmi.....but am wondering if i can connect via that older type cable that standard ariels use, small and round..........sorry i dont know what its called and i was supposed to check this morning as i want to go to argos or maplins to buy what i need.

I have one of those signal senders (£25 tesco job) which works, with the remote too........but is very crackly.....same kinda question too as with a ps3 cable so i can play in the bedroom without crackling.

any help would be well appreciated.:smashin:

thanks in advance people.:lease:

2. stonfiesta5

stonfiesta5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, so i think ive now found that on the V+ you you can connect via rf is that correct......thats the old style round connection i think.

Just need to find out about something similar for the ps3.

3. stonfiesta5

stonfiesta5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Now according to the connections guide posted at the top there is no RF connection........is that correct? so i can have V+ outputting in the bog standard signal........i have to use a scart, component or HDMI?

I was gonna go to argos and buy 10m of cable.

i need help!! in many ways!!;)

4. Ben

Ben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    No. There is an RF output on the TV Drive, but it's disabled when HDMI is in use. How do you connect your TV Drive to your living room TV? If it's not HDMI, then you've got no problem - you can just go ahead & use RF to the bedroom TV :)

5. stonfiesta5

stonfiesta5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers,i got it sorted now. I bought the RF cable yesterday and tried it out......i had to change the tv drive settings to scart output and it worked......i'll just have to keep changing it back from scart to hdmi and vise versa. Also im using the old signal sender still so my tv drive remote still works. in the bedroom.