TV doesn't recognise headphones if already plugged in when turned on?!

JDXAV

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a 'feature' I've never seen before. I was testing a Bluetooth transmitter which uses 3.5mm to connect to the TV's headphone-out and all was working great. I left it plugged in to the back of the TV and turned everything off.
When I came back to use it, I turned things back on and the TV was now using its own speakers not the headphone-out. I had to get round the back and physically pull/replace the lead to get it working again.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? It's a new crappo-cheapo TV (Linsar) but I thought the headphone jack mechanism normally used a physical switch?
The TV shouldn't care what the 3.5mm lead is plugged into, right, and if that's turned on?

Seek advice from the manufacturer?
They may have a solution? or not...

Panasonic TVs often have a separate volume control cf the speakers so the two can be used at the same time. Check for similar controls/options?

Panasonic TVs often have a separate volume control cf the speakers so the two can be used at the same time. Check for similar controls/options?
Couldn't find such an option - one of my other TVs also has an option to disable the headphone-out, so if you leave something plugged in you can still use the TV speakers without unplugging.

Worth a try contacting them, just struck me as odd. I will try turning things on in a different order too :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom