1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV delivery tomorrow - anything I should check?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Nello, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am having a Sony KV28LS60 delivered from John Lewis tomorrow :clap:

Have just got them to deliver it, I will set it all up myself. First time of buying a 'hi-tech' TV, so are there any obvious things I need to check when they deliver it?

I assume it'll come all nicely boxed in highest quality Sony cardboard, is this the only way I'll tell that I'm getting a new TV and not a previous customer return (or don't John Lewis do that kind of sneaky thing?)

Any tips much appreciated, I'm a bit paranoid about all the 'buzzing Sony' stories I've read.

Cheers, Nello

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Make sure the box is opened and the set is checked for obvious transit damage.
    Very difficult in practise to prove you haven't done any damage lifting out of the box.

3. BigB@dJ@y

BigB@dJ@y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I always put "Not Examined" next to my signature when signing for delivery of such items...just to cover my....bum.
    Ive got the 32" version (had it for a week) and its really easy to set up. One word of warning though..mine weighed a tonne (63kg) but I managed to lift it onto my cabinet , as I am He man :rolleyes: , obviously the 28" will be lighter but I would advise 2 people to lift it tbh.

Oh and no buzz from mine !! :rotfl:

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Do a search as there were a few threads covering this sort of thing. http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=29401