TV, DAB and satellite distribution

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by TheChump, Feb 18, 2005.

1. TheChump

TheChump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for an easy solution to distribute TV, DAB and SKY satellite to at least 4 rooms and possibly 8. I've bought myself some nice looking MK TV/DAB/satellite triplexing faceplates so I only have to run 1 cable to each room. I'm now looking for a distribution amplifier that'll be kept in the loft that'll take the TV, DAB and satellite cables in and have either 4 or 8 outputs so I can connect just the one cable to each MK faceplate. I've been looking at the 'Loftbox' which seems exactly what I'm looking for but I don't want to have to run a cable back to the box in order for it to control the satellite receiver - I just want the ability to be able to receive a satellite signal in each room in case the box is ever moved. Will the 'Loftbox' be OK for this or are there any other solutions available - something like the Triax DDU etc.

Just to clarify:
    TV/DAB/satellite in >>>>>>Distribution Amplifier>>>>>>one cable to each of 4 or 8 MK triplexing faceplates .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :lease:

2. TheChump

TheChump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: :hiya:
    Just a bump for this thread - I'm hoping someone will have an answer for me.

3. T0MAT01

T0MAT01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +552
    I think the loftbox will do what you want, although I don't understand what you mean by
    "I don't want to have to run a cable back to the box in order for it to control the satellite receiver - I just want the ability to be able to receive a satellite signal in each room in case the box is ever moved."

Which box do you mean? loftbox or digibox?

Let me know if this helps...
    You don't have to run the satellite feed from the dish through the loftbox to get to the digibox, I didn't bother with mine as the fewer connections in the satellite feed the better, but the RF2 output is connected to the loftbox so I get sky in each room.
    To do it this way means that you need 2 cables between the multi service wall plate in the lounge and the loftbox, and an extra cable between the digibox and dish (or two for sky plus).

HTH

4. TheChump

TheChump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help - I've done a bit more research and I now understand that you must feed a cable from the RF2 output on the Sky box back to the loftbox in order to distribute the signal around the house. Forgot that the Sky box must decode the signal before it can be transmitted around the house to another TV :suicide: :suicide:

I didn't really want to distribute Sky, though, I just wanted to use the one TV/DAB aerial in the loft in order to distribute TV/FM signals through the house. However, it would be handy :clap: :clap:

I'll think I'll go the loftbox way and connect it up properly, too. At only £55 from letsautomate, it was a lot cheaper than I thought......

5. T0MAT01

T0MAT01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +552
  6. TheChump

TheChump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's the price for the 8 way Loftbox - as I said, cheaper than I thought :) :)