Answered TV Connectivity (LG OLED65C8PLA)

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by AdamPV, Jun 18, 2019.

Tags:

1. AdamPV

AdamPV

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4
      I’ve just had an LG OLED65C8PLA delivered and I have a question around connecting to my other devices and how to get the best out of everything.

I have:

Xbox One X

Sky HD Box

Yamaha RX-685

My goal here is to see if I can simplify operation without losing any loss of quality in sound, and of course picture.

Currently my Sky HD box passes through my Xbox One X, then is routed into the Amp, before exiting into my old Panasonic LED TV. In terms of sound its excellent, picture is good too with no notable loss in quality over the direct source.

If I wanted to simplify, continue to use the Sky Box, use the Apps on the TV for Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube etc, but leave the Xbox off, could I do this whilst keeping sound through the Amp for everything? I don’t want to have the Sky Box sound great but smart apps coming from the TV’s built in speakers.

So is there an option or would I be better to keep my current situation with the Xbox providing Sky, Netflix, Prime, and YouTube?

Thanks for reading,
      Adam

2. Best Answer:
      Post #2 by next010, Jun 18, 2019 (1 points)
    3. next010

next010
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +2,156
      Best Answer
      Connect TV HDMI ARC to Yamaha HDMI ARC input for audio from smart TV apps along with anything else connected to the TV HDMI inputs like Sky box piped to the Yamaha. You will have to enable Simplink in the LG TV settings.

ARC is limited to PCM 2.0, Dolby/DTS 5.1 audio.

Xbox One X best audio is PCM 7.1 and that can only be gotten by connecting the Xbox to the Yamaha HDMI input.

The Xbox One HDMI pass-through feature is highly unlikely to survive into next gen Xbox if upgrading to Xbox scarlett next year.

4. AdamPV

AdamPV

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4
      Hi, thanks for this it worked well for me. I still had to contend with the 50/60hz judder, but once I reminded myself where this was on the xbox settings it was all good. Gonna use a extra HDMI input on the amp and only use the XBOX for gaming from now on.