• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TV connection to hd 20

m4ccam

Hi
I have just bought one of these pj's but I can't get it to display the virgin tv.
I have connected it using one of those scart plugs with composite adapters and a phono cable to the yellow video on the pj, I have tried two of these and a couple of different phono cables but all I get is no signal.
What is the best way to get tv through the pj?
I have a Panasonic g20 which I think has one hdmi v1.4. Would that show what is on the tv on the pj if I use a compatible hdmi cable. I also tried connecting from the av 2 scart on the tv but still no picture.
A Quick solution would be great as I am trying to get it sorted for the game tomorrow.

The scart adapters are from an old and a new x box.

Thanks Andy

m4ccam

I have tried both and get the same no signal
I have a feeling it might be the scart adapters that are wired in only.

Last edited:

custard10

try this:

to get the yellow composite to work connect up the red and white audio from the adapter to a receiver first and switch on the audio.;)

m4ccam

Cheers Custard. I will give that a try tomorrow, I've just put it away as I had it set up on a table to try it out.
I must say it is very good, even the wife commented and she has been anti pj since sevenoaks gave us a demo of a very expensive one about five years ago.

m4ccam

Good news.
I got it sorted

m4ccam

Not too sure. I ended up getting a new scart adapter with an in and out switch and then did as Custard said and all was well.
It's the hdmi that I need to try and sort now. I stream quite a lot of stuff to the tv so if the hdmi works I will be very happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom