1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV company help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jodimyatt, Mar 20, 2005.

1. jodimyatt

jodimyatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My company is starting up an internet television company.

which will be an interesting porject, yet we have little or no knowledge on how to porduce progaming

we are currently looking for hardware i.e cameras microphones.

As it will be an internet television channel it will not have to be as high broadcast quility as normal television though still have a proffesional feel.

Could anyone recommend

Cameras
    Audio collection devices such as the microphones for interviews in the street and personel microphones.

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you really want to present yourself as a professional company, you really must first learn how to type and put yourself across in an intelligible way.

If English isn't your first language, then I apologise (although from your profile I see you're in the UK), but as this post stands I can't see anyone taking you seriously.

Let me see. . . from what I've managed to decipher from your message, you want to set up an Internet TV company but have no knowledge about how to produce programs and you don't know what equipment you'll need? I suggest your first port of call is to look up a college that runs the appropriate courses and take yourself off there, otherwise you're going to waste a lot of money if you don't know what you're doing.

Also, next time, please take your time when typing a thread. It isn't a race and shouldn't take too long to proof read.

Sorry this reply's quite negative.

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    :lesson: There's also a spell check - two buttons to the right of the "Submit Reply" button! :lesson:

4. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    claws in ladies.

Good advice about a course, buying a good cam doesn't make a good camera man, it's the old DIY analogy...

Buy something half decent for your camera, although resolution may not be all that esential you do get more manual controls on the more expensive cameras which will make your footage look better (manual focus, exposure etc).

The starting point for something half decent would be a Sony HC1000 or Panasonic GS400, both offer audio level control and mic inputs (nicely on to your next question)...

Sennheiser MKE300 is a good mic, very narrow (directional pick up) so can be used on top of the camera as an interview mic (at quite close quarters pointing at the person talking).

If you have no experience or knowledge are you sure this is what you want to be doing?...

I am availbale for consultancy work & training....