TV chimney mount project

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by swift3269, Apr 9, 2016.

1. swift3269

swift3269
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all please bare with me this is a long post, so sorry for that.

Hello all I'm hoping for some help, tips, tricks or websites that can help, as my topic states In October I'm doing a room revamp, and my main project is going to be to take out the gas fire, open up the chimney breast and build on a stud wall to bring the wall out a little more.

i am going to mount a 55" Samsung TV on the breast and drill into the chimney, place a waste pipe or similar with an elbow bend to drop all cables, into the old gas fire opening. in the opening i am going to run all my equipment (Sky, Apple TV, DVD Player, Router e.t.c) power and phone cables will be run under the floor again in pipes to come under the cabinet to hold the equipment. Now the real bit I'm here for.

I want to mount a electric fire on a hinged door to hide every thing below the TV and to set it all off. like this Be Modern Quattro Wall Mounted Electric Fire - Hotprice.co.uk, the fire weighs 12kg. i know its not a good idea to put electrical items behind a fire, but i don't intend to use it for fire only as a visual point with the LCD flames.

can anyone help me, with any advice or if they know of anyone else who has done this, the room will also get new down lights and full mood lighting, once i start the project i will add pictures.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry for it being so long winded.