Tv Channels Missing

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by laserbeam, Aug 23, 2018.

1. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I wonder if anyone can explain what has happened here last night I was watching a film on channel 45 half way through I decided to watch the rest on the TV in the bedroom.When I turned it on and selected channel 45 it was not found.As I also have a Humax box connected to that TV I tried to watch it on that but same result not found.I looked in the channel guide on both units and channel 45 was not listed on either.I then did a digital search on the Humax and the TV but channel 45 was still not listed in the guide.I double checked on my units downstairs TV,Humax and youview box and all three had channel 45 listed.Another question when I do a digital search downstairs all three units find 145 stations but upstairs the TV finds 151 channels and the Humax 151 why would there be such a difference between upstairs and downstairs.the units are downstairs TV Sony KDL-42W653A Humax HDR-1800T and youview box is a Huawei 360T.Upstairs Humax PVR-9150T and TV is a Logic L20HE15.Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading this.

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,549
    TV channels are broadcast slightly differently across the country, so the transmitter you're receiving from would be helpful information. If you don't know the DigitalUK coverage checker will give you the most likely estimates and you can see which is in the direction your aerial points.

I'm assuming 45 is Film 4+1 where you are?

The Humax PVR probably won't find Film4+1 because it's a DVB-T2 channel (at least where I am) and requires a Freeview HD Tuner. It looks that Logik TV may also lack a Freeview HD Tuner, although with a brand like that it's always hard to find even basic information like this.

Does the logic also lack the HD channels on 101 etc?

3. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It appears that the Logic TV does not have any HD channels I have tried 101 to105 and nothing

4. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I am in the South East and my transmitter is Heathfield

5. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    So what you are saying if I want to watch film 4 in future I would have to watch it on the Sony TV

6. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Or watch it on the Youview box

7. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,549
    Film4 is a different channel (#15) that can be received with a Freeview SD (DVB-T) tuner. It's only Film4 + 1 (#45) that's broadcast with the HD channels and needs an HD (DVB-T2) tuner to watch.

The downstairs units with the more capable tuners may be picking up less channels because they're not counting radio channels and the others are. Or perhaps because they don't support the data channels (Planet Knowledge etc.).

8. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    This problem has taken another twist at 1.30 I turned the TV on and selected ITV to watch the racing but it says This programme number is not available.I then went into programme guide and there are 13 stations not listed which are 3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15 and 17.As I previously said when I do a digital retune I get 145 TV channels but now I am getting 132 which are the missing numbers listed.The youview Box,The Humax box upstairs and downstairs and the Logic TV are all fine and show all the missing numbers.Not sure how to sort this out.Luckily we can still watch the TV and record if required.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

9. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have just done a factory reset but is still the same will now try putting the aerial directly into the TV and see if that makes any difference.

10. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Putting the aerial lead directly into the TV made no differerence so tried something else.We have a spare TV just sitting in the spare bedroom which has not been used for almost a year.I took it downstairs and plugged the aerial lead into it and did a digital retune and all the TV stations are there everything working as it should can anyone explain that.Obviously the aerial is ok so what could be the problem.

11. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have now taken the Logic TV which works from the bedroom downstairs and plugged it in and plugged in the aerial lead and it worked fine so plugged the Sony back in and still have the same problem.If it helps the TV is insured.

12. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Last night I disconnected everything connected to the TV and then re-connected it all back again and it now has all the channels including channel 47 film4+1.So not sure what the problem was but will keep a eye on it.

13. laserbeam

laserbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have found the solution I went into Digital Setup then clicked on Digital Auto Service Update and turned it off and it has been fine since.