1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv Channel Logo Screen Burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Rcww, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Rcww

Rcww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi ya!

I was just wondering, now that Plasma TV is in the reach of the ordinary consumer, should the TV channels do something about there channel logos / static banners to make it Plasma friendly? ie animated logos? If you spend few hours each day on one channel surely it not good for the screen unless you regualary channel hop :laugh:

Or even the manufacturer add a new feature to the tv to either let you blank it out the logo :clap:

At the end of the day if their logo is burnt into your screen I wonder if you can sue them of damages :D

Just my 1p

regards

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Bear in mind though that the logo disappears during the adverts on most channels so thats not a problem and, in any case, you have to keep a static logo on screen for a long time these days to get permanent burn in.

John

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Most channels use "translucent" logos these days which are much less than 100% white, and you can see the picture through the logo. For the last few weeks I have been catching up on old episodes of "Chicago Hope" and "LA Law" on ITV3, at least a couple of hours a night, and there's been no sign of the ITV3 logo burning in.

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    There is a support site for logo free TV called http://logofreetv.org/

The broadcasters just come out with the same old drivel about it being "useful to viewers to identifiy which channel they are watching."
    If I really want to know there is little button on my remote labelled i which flashes it up when I want to know - not them.

I'm surprised it's not considered "useful" for radio to fade the sound every 30 secs or so to say (in dulcet tones) "You are listening to Radio 4" or whatever.