TV change HDMI-input when I don't want it to (Samsung UE55KU6475)

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Familjen, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Familjen

Familjen
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

My amp (Pioneer VSX-924) is sending commands to the Samsung TV, causing it to change HDMI input when I don't want it to.

E.g. when the kids is watching TV (via the TV's own speakers, ARC was not stable) in one room and I want to listen to music in Zone2 I start the amp via the app and the amp send a "Hello I'm awake" to the TV that responds "great, I'm switching to HDMI3 instead of the TV/PS4/appleTV currently being watched" => Panic among the kids and you have to run to the TV-room and try to locate the TV-remote to switch back.

I have disabled HDMI control in the amp and disabled (off) Anynet+ in the TV but still as soon as anything is being started the TV switch to that source. This is ok if you touch a PS4/apple-TV control in order for the unit to start since you are at least in the same room and most likely want to watch that unit.

I've reset the TV and updated software and the amplifier is at the latest software.

Whay do you say? Bug or feature i.e., should I continue trying to fix this or is it a HDMI built in Feature for all TV (or just Samsung)?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016