1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Cards With S-Video Connections?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Apocalypse, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a HCPC hooked up to a pj and was wondering how I can hook up my Panny E30 DVD recorder to the pj. I have an S-Video block setup on the pj but it would need a long cable to reach which is not ideal with S-Video of course. I was wondering if I could get a TV card which has an S-Video connection and use that through the PC. What would that mean to the picture quality of the E30, better or worse than using it with a long run of S-Video cable?

Phil

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    A PC world PB TV100 would be a great choice at around £40, use it with DScaler 4.17.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks very promising, thanks Jeff.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this card today, it's own software works fine with composite video but when I try it on Dscaler the picture is b&w with red and blue stripes (vertical). I was using the Panny E30 DVD Rec and the comp cable went from the Comp out to the Comp in on the TV card.

What am I missing cos I've looked at the Dscaler FAQ and the macrovision picture has horizontal stripes, plus the disc in question was a DVD RAM with recorded music videos from Sky :confused: