1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV card used for tv on projector via PC?!?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jimbobuk, May 9, 2003.

1. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    ANyone tried this, had any good results.. I just got a haupage digital tv card and the quality IS superb... trouble is aerial problems mean I can't get more than 4 dull channels.. shame as the quality is very good... looking at a german vidac card now maybe... not sure...

Anyone recommend any?!? THanks

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Moved to correct forum.

3. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You absolutely MUST go for the nebula digi tv card.
    1. It's British.
    2. It works straight out of the box.
    3. Regular software updates.
    4. Remote control included and snazzy ir receiver.
    5. No messing around like so many other products.
    6. Excellent customer support.
    7. It's British.
    8. Is there an 8 anyone? What have I forgotten?

Rick

4. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You are on the right track but NOVA-T was a wrong choice. Go for Nebula DigiTV.

The picture quality is similar, however driver support, stability and usability is much better. Your areal may need upgrading if it is giving a weak signal.

5. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    the trouble is i appear to be having real problems getting digital tv to work at all... aerial issues etc... i dont think this is the fault of the haupage... i will try my computer at the weekend connected to the aerial directly and see if i get any better... if so i may try a booster/splitter in the loft before it goes downstairs to the VCR and sky and back up to the main splitter that then sends it finally down to my PC and tv at the moment... local aerial people claimed it was the aerial at fault... I don't know if having two boosters/splitters in the system (at least seperated by VCR and sky) is a dangerous thing...

Of course having sky... getting a 2nd digibox is an option too....

Thanks tho.. I've heard of the nebula.. I was informed that the haupage is better for recording stuff... its less CPU intensive it appears as the nebula gets the whole multiplex and seperates out the channel (not allowing you to save the entire set of channels a shame as its explicitly doing this)

If i can go digi i may have a go, otherwise its analogue tv card or sky digi box.... thanks

Thanks for moving it here too.. I was sure there was a HTPC forum (as with avsforum) :)

6. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my HTPC, if the Nebula is recording in silent mode - i.e. not decoding - Task Manager reports my CPU load as 1-2%. Even if the Hauppage uses less, it's not likely to be a noticeable difference, IMO. Also, DigiTV v2.1 will be allowing you to record the entire multiplex if you wish.

HTH,

_

7. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    ohh ok... it all sounds good... if only i could get digital tv working... will find out tonightt/tomorrow... annoyingly the aerial is direct to downstairs, not sure i'd even be able to split it earlier :(

8. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Ohhh.... must buy!

But can't really afford....argh!

:mad:

I guess I'll get one though sometime....:rolleyes: