Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

TV card recording?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Timm, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Timm

Timm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I would like to get a card so I can record in stereo on the pc. Freeview would be nice if it gives a better picture, I'm not interested in the channels. I would like to be able to edit and then send it back out to a vhs recorder (I may get a dvd recorder if I get to like the system). Which would be the best one? I saw a Win tv one for about £70 in PCWorld that may be ok, but some advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. martbean

martbean
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maplin have one on their website (www.maplin.co.uk) which I'm seriously thinking about getting. £80 down from £100 and it does digital TV (freeview) and digital radio, with remote and PVR functions. No idea what the quality is like but I think I'll get one. Offer runs out at the end of the month...

3. Timm

Timm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just seen the sticky at the top which recommends a couple but the one from Maplin sounds good value but the site is down so I can't check it out.