TV can display 720p via HDMI, but cannot 1080p anymore

Nemmke

Hello I m using HDMI cable from my PC to my 4K TV. I could use it on resolution 1920x1080p until last weekend, since then I m getting flickering, losing signal and blinking green screen on 1080p. But when I downgrade to 720p - everything is good.

I ve tried different ports and cables. I ve tried factory reset on TV. I ve tried to connect PC to a 1080p monitor. Works fine.

Please help Thank you!

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Hello I m using HDMI cable from my PC to my 4K TV. I could use it on resolution 1920x1080p until last weekend, since then I m getting flickering, losing signal and blinking green screen on 1080p. But when I downgrade to 720p - everything is good.

I ve tried different ports and cables. I ve tried factory reset on TV. I ve tried to connect PC to a 1080p monitor. Works fine.

Please help Thank you!
Guessing you are using a too high refresh rate that your TV does not support for 1080p

Nemmke

Well, it was all good (1080p with 60hz) until last weekend. My TV supports 4k 60hz so I think there should be no problem with that, since it was working for months on 60hz

larkone

Try a different 1080p source

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom