1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV busted, need new one! Recommend?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by neoglow, Jun 30, 2005.

1. neoglow

neoglow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys, my LG just went bust and need a new one, bit of a bugger, it was outside the 12 month warranty so no replacement, DOH!. So time for a new one, I'll narrow it down a little so its easier but I'm still looking in the CRT market and not LCD and Plasma, if anyone can convince me otherwise I may consider a flat TV. Anyway, somewhere in the region of £600-£700 give or take a little more.

*Preferably a 28" screen, but could go 32" instead
    *100hz screen
    *Flat Screen
    *Component / Progressive Scan

And finally - if possible - a screen that will be "STRAIGHT" or fixable if it isnt. Basically my parents bought a Toshiba 32" picture frame CRT and the picture was wonky, really wonky. An engineer came but said it couldnt be corrected so we got a replacment same model, and you guessed it, another wonky picture! Not as bad as the first but its just silly, buy a brand new Telly in this day and age and they cant even get the damn picture straight. The engineer said other makes can be changed, but Tosh cant.

Thanks guys, Mark.