Question TV bracket screws

rich2988

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I have just purchased a Samsung 40MU6470.

I previously had a 32inch TV wall mounted.

I went to wall mount the new one and noticed the old bracket screws are the wrong size.

The new TV comes with plastic sleeves for screws to go into, but not the screws themselves?!

What size do I need to purchase so I can attach the wall mount bracket?

Any help would be brilliant.

Thank you

Most probably need to buy a new wall bracket, check in the TV manual what size VESA mount you need.

Most probably need to buy a new wall bracket, check in the TV manual what size VESA mount you need.

Thank you.
I managed to find some M8 50mm bolts. I then used a bolt as a spacer. Worked a treat!
Putting up the floating shelf with no stud fixings was a little worrying as it does tilt forward slightly. But I think they all do that.

IMG_0278.jpg

Looks very neat!

I've had the same thing with floating shelves in the past, may be worth getting some proper plasterboard fixings to avoid future accidents.

Looks very neat!

I've had the same thing with floating shelves in the past, may be worth getting some proper plasterboard fixings to avoid future accidents.

The floating shelf is held in with 3x of the self drilling plasterboard screws and 1 (in the centre) is the metal fixing that expands behind the board.

The holes are too close together to have had 4 of them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom