• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tv Bracket for 85" TV

RickyLee53

Established Member
Hello,

I'm looking for advice for a Vesa 400 x 400 TV bracket for my Sony 85" TV.
Its 44kg, so not too heavy. I have built an Alcove for it to sit in, so ideally want a bracket 40-50mm max, which will make the TV flush. Its a solid wall behind it so no issues there.

The only issue is, I want to be able to move the TV out to make access for cables easier. The recess is tight, 10mm either side and above. 100mm below, Which will allow my sound bar. To sit under it.

So to round up;
100mm forward and back movement.
44kg capable
Vesa 400
Slim, 40mm approx profile.

Any help?

I'm struggling.

20190119204420_IMG_1408.JPG

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
I think you will really struggle!!
I've always used Unicol for larger, heavier TVs and they do a bracket that has the service function that you require, but it's not cheap and only closes to 95mm

https://www.unicol.com/ProductDetai...del=0&Cat=WMC00546&Universal=0&FreeTextModel=

They do a heavy duty 50mm depth bracket, but this does not pull out. - TV Mount | TV Wall Mounts |Unicol UK

B-Tech do a mount that also has the service function and is only 64mm deep. You are on the limit in terms of weight, but they are well engineered. B-Tech BT8312 Ultra-Slim Video Wall Mount With Pop Out | Stuff-uk.net

Search for video wall brackets, as these provide you with the service pull out function.

chaparral

Prominent Member
The recess is tight, 10mm either side and above. 100mm below, Which will allow my sound bar.
Will you not get problems with heat build up behind the TV with only a 10mm gap ?

Specialty on such a large TV that would use more power so will give off more heat

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
With a 50mm gap and space all around, I don't think this will be a big issue. My TV remains only a few degrees above ambient even if on all day.

Larger screens have a greater surface area and the heat dissipation will be on a par with a smaller screen, so I would not expect any problems on that score.

AdieJ

Established Member
As crazy as it sounds for a bracket, i recommended this one to someone a while back and they gave it a go and worked out perfect.

Just because its not an expensive brand or price, a few on here will say to avoid it, but its rated for 85" TVs and does what you want it to do.

We have one for a 50" TV and works GREAT!

LINK

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom