Tv box on back of tv

Askins

Novice Member
Hello,

My partner purchased a TV from one of those buy as you view company's a few years ago before we were together. There is a box connected to the wire that she had to put £1 in in order for the TV to work. The payments have finished and this box is still attached. We've since moved house and I wanted to put the tv on a wall but this box makes it hard as it's heavy and full of money so the added weight would be a problem. I've tried contacting the company (Buy as you view) but the company no longer exists = no customer service number to speak too. I want to cut the box off at the wire and fit a plug to the shorter wire that would be connected to the TV. Has anyone had any sort of experience around this because I don't want to break the TV as there is nothing wrong with it apart from the box.

Any help would be appreciated 👍🏻

Fred Smith

Hello,

My partner purchased a TV from one of those buy as you view company's a few years ago before we were together. There is a box connected to the wire that she had to put £1 in in order for the TV to work. The payments have finished and this box is still attached. We've since moved house and I wanted to put the tv on a wall but this box makes it hard as it's heavy and full of money so the added weight would be a problem. I've tried contacting the company (Buy as you view) but the company no longer exists = no customer service number to speak too. I want to cut the box off at the wire and fit a plug to the shorter wire that would be connected to the TV. Has anyone had any sort of experience around this because I don't want to break the TV as there is nothing wrong with it apart from the box.

Any help would be appreciated 👍🏻

It maybe a clockwork timer operated coin box. They were In the days of old (CRT) TV's

Edit it appears

Buy as you View are in administration or still in business:

Suggest you try to contact them just in case.

If they are in administration find a local TV engineer to remove the box, but keep a record of the monies removed.

I remember "Just Rentals" a company I worked for was one of their suppliers.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom